It is no longer necessary to email our Support Team to get the Motion app and firmware updates, as these are now LIVE on the app store.
ProNav Motion Controller
Please watch the video above for information on how to use the ProNav Motion Controller. Updates will be coming for the controller, but we wanted to get you started and comfortable with the basics. Learn how to power on, connect, and use basic functionality. Refer to the information you received with your Motion controller and below on this page to unleash the full power of your handheld controller.
For support with your Motion controller please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (906) 523-7007.
We thank you for your continued support, tight lines!
CHECK BACK ON THIS PAGE FOR FREQUENT INFORMATION UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS!
March 28, 2019 ProNav Motion Controller Information and Updates
What’s in the box?
-ProNav Motion Controller
-12 Volt Charger
-USB-C charging cord
Unboxing the ProNav Motion Controller
-Your lanyard and charging accessories can be found inside the green packaging insert
-Attach the lanyard to the remote
–Fully charge remote prior to first use
-Do not attempt to disassemble the ProNav Motion Controller. Doing so will compromise the waterproof integrity of the device and void the ProNav Warranty! If you are experiencing any issues with your device, please contact ProNav support immediately by email at email@example.com or by phone at 906-523-7007.
Charging the ProNav Motion Controller
-Charge the ProNav Motion using the provided USB-C charging cable
-In addition to the provided 12 volt charger, the charging cable can be used with any USB “wall charger” or computer USB charging port
-The red status light will illuminate to indicate that the remote is charging
-Once fully charged, the red status light will turn off
Connecting the ProNav Motion Controller to the ProNav Angler
-First ensure that no other device (phone, tablet) is currently connected to your ProNav Angler
-If necessary, from the ProNav app main menu, select “Disconnect” or swipe the ProNav app closed from your app tray
-After completing the above, press and hold the Bluetooth Connection button until the blue light illuminates and flashes quickly 5 times
-Perform a function test to verify the motor responds to the remote
NOTE: We highly recommend performing a function test (prop on/off, thrust up/down, and turn right/left) on land with your motor safely deployed with no obstructions prior to hitting the water for the first time.
Disconnecting the ProNav Motion Controller from the ProNav Angler and Powering OFF
-To disconnect the controller from the GPS unit, press and hold the Bluetooth Connection button. The blue light will illuminate and flash quickly 5 times.
-This will allow you to connect your mobile device to the ProNav Angler GPS to operate the system as you normally would.
-Turning the Bluetooth ON/OFF is equivalent to turning the ProNav Motion Controller ON/OFF. Turning the device OFF will place it in a low power “sleep” state to maximize battery life when not in use.
–It is recommended to charge the ProNav Motion controller between each use and keep the device on the charger up until using it.
-NOTE, additional low power / sleep mode power optimizations will be implemented in future firmware releases. This includes but is not limited to automatic ON/OFF detection, automatic sleep mode activation, and battery status indicators on the controller and in the mobile application.
Resetting the ProNav Motion Controller
-If you are experiencing any issues connecting your Motion Controller to the ProNav Angler GPS or having unexpected performance issues, please perform a soft reset of the device.
-Press and hold the “Fn” button on the ProNav Motion Controller until the red and blue lights flash. This will disconnect your controller and reset the Bluetooth radio.
ProNav Motion Controller Features–Out of the Box
-When you receive your ProNav Motion Controller, the firmware on the device will offer an initial suite of features and functionality including manual control, GPS Anchor, and GPS Vector. Refer to the following illustration for an overview of this out of the box functionality.
ProNav Motion Controller Firmware Updates
-The ProNav Motion Controller is designed to allow users to update the device firmware as new features and functionality are added.
-A detailed firmware update process will be provided as additional firmware updates are available.
ProNav Motion Firmware Update
-The initial device firmware updates will be accomplished by updating the ProNav Angler mobile application on your Android and iOS devices and completing a “Firmware Upgrade” on your ProNav Angler GPS unit.
-See below on this page for instructions on updating the ProNav Angler mobile application and completing the Motion firmware update to enable Motion features on your new controller.
-This update will enable the ProNav Motion features, including PointDrive and PointJog.
ProNav Connection Hub Firmware Update
-ProNav will be sending you a ProNav Connection Hub device in the near future–this is a small module that will connect in line with the ProNav Control Unit (“motor adapter”) to upgrade your ProNav system so that it can handle multiple Bluetooth device connections simultaneously. This will provide the ability to connect both your mobile device and ProNav Motion Controller to the ProNav Angler GPS simultaneously. An additional benefit of the ProNav Connection Hub is improved Bluetooth connection strength, enabled by a high power antenna, ensuring your mobile device and handheld controller establish and maintain a robust connection to the GPS unit at all times.
-Another update will be released to the ProNav Angler mobile application, including new firmware for the ProNav Angler GPS unit as well as the ProNav Motion Controller.
-Once the Connection Hub has been installed and both firmware updates are completed, your ProNav system and ProNav Motion Controller will now offer the full suite of ProNav SmartSync capabilities, allowing you to use both the ProNav Angler mobile application and ProNav Motion Controller simultaneously to control your boat. Additional information will be posted below.
-ProNav will continue to develop and release new features and improvements for the ProNav Motion Controller. Additional updates will be OPTIONAL and available to all users. Periodic announcements will be provided to Pronav Motion Controller users providing details on additional updates available.
March 29, 2019 ProNav Motion Initial App and Firmware Update
As a reminder, you can begin to use the ProNav Motion Controller immediately out of the box with limited functionality, including manual control, GPS anchor, and GPS heading lock. See the following video for additional details:
The following video explains what is required to update your ProNav system and turn on the new motion control features (ProNav Drive (green) button):
See below for a step by step guide on enabling ProNav Motion features:
- Please watch for an update to the ProNav Angler mobile application, available through the Apple and Android app stores. The Android update is scheduled for release on March 29th, and the Apple update is scheduled for release on April 2nd. If your mobile device settings are configured such that your applications automatically update, you’ll know that you have the latest app version if 1) when you open the ProNav Angler app you see “Whats New in Version 3.2.3 (Android) / 3.2.4 (iOS)” and 2) you search the app store for “ProNav Angler” and the app says “installed”.
- Once you have the new ProNav Motion application installed, you’ll need to perform a firmware upgrade to your ProNav GPS unit to enable the motion control features (i.e. PointDrive and PointJog). NOTE, you will not be automatically prompted to upgrade your firmware, but you will see a message on the firmware upgrade page referring to the upgrade for motion features. Refer to the following video for a refresher on updating the ProNav firmware:
- Once this update is complete, you can now swipe to close the ProNav app from your device app tray or select “disconnect” from the main menu.
- Lastly, your remote will require a calibration, similar to the ProNav Angler, to allow proper performance of the Motion Control functions.
- CALIBRATION NOTES: Calibration of the controller should be done with the Motion controller disconnected from the ProNav Angler GPS unit. There is no need to calibrate the ProNav Angler GPS unit unless the Motion PointDrive functionality appears to be performing poorly (i.e. motor heading not following the pointed heading). Calibration of the remote does not need to be repeated after the initial calibration unless it is performing poorly or has lost power (battery fully discharged). The remote will automatically and continuously calibrate itself during use.
- To calibrate your controller, refer to the instructions provided in the following video:
- Connect the ProNav Motion Controller to your ProNav GPS unit per the directions in the following video:
- To verify the Motion functionality has been enabled, press and hold the GPS Vector Heading Lock and then point the Motion controller and press and release the Drive (green) button. The motor should respond by pointing in the heading that you pointed using the controller.
- PointDrive and PointJog Motion features are currently enabled for the GPS Anchor and GPS Vector Heading Lock modes. Additional Motion functionality will be available in future updates.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES: If you use both iOS and Android devices–if you update the firmware from your Android device, your iOS device may tell you the firmware is unknown. Ignore this message (it will no longer prompt you once your iOS application is updated).
As always, please contact ProNav Marine with any questions or feedback that you have–your input is important to us, and we use our customers’ feedback to improve our products, documentation, and support.
April 2, 2019 Tutorials Coming Soon
Thanks to everyone that contacted us with questions and feedback on the ProNav Motion product so far! Our team is pleased to hear that many of our customers are already enjoying open water fishing opportunities and putting the new handheld controller to work!
To those who have emailed / called asking if there will be additional tutorials coming on how to use the Motion features (PointDrive and PointJog), our team will be filming a number of additional tutorials very soon.
Lastly, if you reviewed the instructions on the orange card in the ProNav Motion packaging and emailed us to get additional instructions on the new app and firmware upgrades, please refer to the information above on this page, for a step by step overview of what is required to enable the Motion features on your controller. As of this time, it is no longer necessary to email our Support Team to get the Motion app and firmware updates, as these are now LIVE on the app store.
Thank you all, check back soon for additional updates, and tight lines!