July 30, 2019 ProNav Marine Releasing Critical App, Firmware, and Hardware Updates–Continue Reading to Learn More
Current ProNav Angler and ProNav Motion Controller users will be required to perform updates to their system before hitting the water. ProNav Angler users will not be able to operate their systems until the necessary updates are completed. See our recent announcement to learn more about these required updates.
All ProNav Angler owners will be required to perform a firmware update (version 2.0) to their GPS Unit prior to using their system once the new app (version 3.3) is installed on your mobile device(s). If you do not own the Motion Controller, the firmware update will be the same process as previous updates. Make sure your ProNav app is updated before proceeding—to verify your app is up to date, visit the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and search for “ProNav Angler”. Please reference our firmware update video for a step-by-step guide on this firmware update process. You should set aside 15-20 minutes to complete the update process and have a strong Wi-Fi or mobile data connection available.
ProNav strongly encourages you complete this process at home or in your garage prior to heading out on the water to ensure the system has updated successfully. If you receive an “out-of-date firmware” message while you’re out on the water, your system can still be updated at that time with a strong mobile data connection.
Additional step-by-step instructions and videos will be posted below on this page to guide ProNav Motion users through the additional updates required to integrate the SmartSync Connection Hub with the ProNav System.
Firmware Update Service Program
ProNav strives to make the firmware update process as easy as possible for our customers. However, we do realize it may be easier for some customers to have their system updated by us, the manufacturer.
For a nominal service fee of $50, including shipping both ways, the Firmware Update Service program allows customers to send in their ProNav Angler unit for a complete tune-up. Our technicians will complete the update, inspect your hardware, and verify that your system is operating at peak performance.
We’ll provide you with a mailing label and packing instructions for you to send your unit back to us, we’ll complete the service, and we’ll return your unit back to you. Typical service time is 1 week, which does not include shipping time. An expedited service is available for customers that require an even faster turnaround time. Learn more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Firmware Update Service”.
NEW ProNav SmartSync Connection Hub Configuration
The following steps and instructions are specific to customers that currently use the ProNav Motion Controller.
Note: There may be some minor differences in the following process from Android to iOS.
All current ProNav Motion Controller customers should have received the ProNav SmartSync Connection Hub. If you have not yet received this, please contact ProNav Marine for shipping information.
1) Verify latest Android and iOS app(s) are installed on your mobile device(s).
a. Navigate to the Apple App Store or Google Play App Store on your mobile device.
b. Search for “ProNav Angler”
c. Select ProNav app from list and select “update” if option is available. If your device is set to automatically update apps, the updates should commence automatically once the app is released.
2) Complete a firmware update on the ProNav Angler GPS from the mobile application following the standard firmware update process. Please reference our firmware update video for a step-by-step guide on this firmware update process.
NOTE—If performing the firmware upgrade on an iOS device, at the point of instruction to connect to ProNav Wi-Fi, use your device home button to get to your device settings and connect to the ProNav Wi-Fi directly through your Device Settings–>Wi-Fi and then go back into the ProNav app after connected.
a. Verify the firmware update was successfully completed by connecting your mobile device directly to the ProNav Angler GPS unit and performing a basic function test using the manual controls on the app home screen.
3) Complete a firmware update on ProNav Motion Controller.
a. IMPORTANT—Your remote will not function once the above steps have been completed until the following steps have been completed 100%.
b. IMPORTANT—Ensure remote is fully charged prior to completing update or on the charger during the update process.
i. NOTE—Use only the supplied 12 volt charger and USB-C charging cord. If you need to replace either, please contact ProNav Marine Support.
c. Disconnect ALL ProNav Angler GPS hardware from power.
d. If applicable, close the ProNav Angler mobile app on your mobile device by swiping it from your app tray.
e. Open ProNav mobile app and select “Firmware Upgrade” from the main menu.
f. Press and hold “Fn” button on remote for 5 seconds to turn it off.
g. Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the remote for about 5 seconds to put it in to pairing mode. The blue light on the remote will NOT flash 5 times during the firmware upgrade process as is typical when connecting to a ProNav device.
h. Select “ProNav Remote” from the “Firmware Upgrade” screen. You should see a message that states “Scanning for devices”, and a list of nearby devices will appear below i.e. “ProNav Remote”.
i. Select “ProNav Remote” from the “Connect to a Device” list.
NOTE—If your remote does not appear in the list, please repeat step g (above). You may also need to select “re-scan” if you see a message that states “Scanning finished, click to res-scan”.
j. On Android devices, the firmware update progress will appear in your device notifications tray.
k. On iOS devices, the firmware update progress will appear on the screen.
NOTE—If for any reason the firmware update does not reach completion, swipe the ProNav app close from your mobile device app tray, reopen the app, and start again from step e, above.
l. Once the firmware update is complete, press and hold the “Fn” button on the remote for 5 seconds to turn it off.
m. NOTE—After this update is complete, the remote will no longer connect directly to the ProNav Angler GPS unit but rather to the Connection Hub. You must install and configure your Connection Hub (see following steps) to be able to continue using your remote.
4) Install ProNav SmartSync Connection Hub hardware.
a. Disconnect the power cord from the ProNav control unit and connect the Connection Hub directly in line between the control unit and power cord.
b. If disconnected, reconnect ProNav GPS unit to Control Unit and verify power is reaching the GPS unit by looking for an illuminated ProNav diamond on top of the GPS unit.
c. NOTE—Position the SmartSync Connection Hub in a location where there is a clear line of sight between the antenna and your ProNav Angler GPS unit (as shown in the image below).
5) Connect ProNav mobile app to connection hub and pair your ProNav Angler GPS unit.
a. From the ProNav app, connect to the “ProNav Hub” via the “Connect” button in the bottom left corner of the app home screen. DO NOT CONNECT TO YOUR PRONAV GPS (“PRONAV SERIAL NUMBER”).
b. From the ProNav app main menu, select “Network Settings” and verify message states “Connected to: Connection Hub”.
c. Select “Add Your ProNav Device” and choose your device i.e. “ProNav Serial Number” from the list.
d. Verify under “ProNav Device Setup” your ProNav device appears i.e. “ProNav Serial Number”.
6) Pair ProNav Motion Controller to connection hub.
NOTE—If you received a NEW ProNav Angler GPS unit after August 1st, 2019, your unit has the SmartSync Connection Hub technology fully integrated. Simply connect from the ProNav mobile app to “ProNav Central” and proceed with the following steps to pair your remote.
a. From the ProNav app main menu, select “Network Settings”.
b. Turn on your ProNav Motion Controller by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button on the remote for about 5 seconds.
c. Select “Add Your ProNav Remote”. “ProNav Remote” should appear in the “Connect to a Device” list. Select “ProNav Remote” from the list. If “ProNav Remote” does not appear, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the remote again for about 5 seconds and repeat Step C.
i. NOTE—Android devices will require you to set a new remote name.
d. Verify under “ProNav Remote Setup” your ProNav remote appears i.e. “ProNav Remote ”.
7) Verify system functionality.
a. Complete function check of all manual controls from ProNav app.
b. Complete function check of all manual controls from ProNav remote.
FAQ’S and Troubleshooting Steps
1) In Step 6b (above) the Bluetooth indicator light will NOT flash 5 times as it normally would in the past when turning Bluetooth on. After the Step 6 has been completed, your remote will not connect directly to the ProNav Hub, and when you turn the remote Bluetooth on/off the indicator light will flash 5 times as it did previously.
2) After updating the remote, the compass heading lock button will now be fully functional. Use the compass heading lock button (“N” symbol) to lock your motor’s current compass heading. Use the GPS heading lock button (arrow pointing up between parallel lines) to lock your motors current GPS heading and maintain a straight course over ground.
3) The Motion button will NOT function in manual control mode after the remote has been updated and will ONLY function when compass heading lock, GPS heading lock, or anchor lock mode is engaged.
4) After completing the above updates, you will always connect your ProNav app directly to “ProNav Hub” (new GPS units received after 8/1/2019 to “ProNav Central”). The remote will automatically connect through the hub once paired (follow instructions above).
ProNav Motion Controller
It is no longer necessary to email our Support Team to get the Motion app and firmware updates, as these are now LIVE on the app store.
Please watch the video above for information on how to use the ProNav Motion Controller. Updates will be coming for the controller, but we wanted to get you started and comfortable with the basics. Learn how to power on, connect, and use basic functionality. Refer to the information you received with your Motion controller and below on this page to unleash the full power of your handheld controller.
For support with your Motion controller please shoot us an email at email@example.com or call us at (906) 523-7007.
We thank you for your continued support, tight lines!
CHECK BACK ON THIS PAGE FOR FREQUENT INFORMATION UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS!
March 28, 2019 ProNav Motion Controller Information and Updates
What’s in the box?
-ProNav Motion Controller
-12 Volt Charger
-USB-C charging cord
Unboxing the ProNav Motion Controller
-Your lanyard and charging accessories can be found inside the green packaging insert
-Attach the lanyard to the remote
–Fully charge remote prior to first use
-Do not attempt to disassemble the ProNav Motion Controller. Doing so will compromise the waterproof integrity of the device and void the ProNav Warranty! If you are experiencing any issues with your device, please contact ProNav support immediately by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 906-523-7007.
Charging the ProNav Motion Controller
-Charge the ProNav Motion using the provided USB-C charging cable
-In addition to the provided 12 volt charger, the charging cable can be used with any USB “wall charger” or computer USB charging port
-The red status light will illuminate to indicate that the remote is charging
-Once fully charged, the red status light will turn off
Connecting the ProNav Motion Controller to the ProNav Angler
-First ensure that no other device (phone, tablet) is currently connected to your ProNav Angler
-If necessary, from the ProNav app main menu, select “Disconnect” or swipe the ProNav app closed from your app tray
-After completing the above, press and hold the Bluetooth Connection button until the blue light illuminates and flashes quickly 5 times
-Perform a function test to verify the motor responds to the remote
NOTE: We highly recommend performing a function test (prop on/off, thrust up/down, and turn right/left) on land with your motor safely deployed with no obstructions prior to hitting the water for the first time.
Disconnecting the ProNav Motion Controller from the ProNav Angler and Powering OFF
-To disconnect the controller from the GPS unit, press and hold the Bluetooth Connection button. The blue light will illuminate and flash quickly 5 times.
-This will allow you to connect your mobile device to the ProNav Angler GPS to operate the system as you normally would.
-Turning the Bluetooth ON/OFF is equivalent to turning the ProNav Motion Controller ON/OFF. Turning the device OFF will place it in a low power “sleep” state to maximize battery life when not in use.
–It is recommended to charge the ProNav Motion controller between each use and keep the device on the charger up until using it.
-NOTE, additional low power / sleep mode power optimizations will be implemented in future firmware releases. This includes but is not limited to automatic ON/OFF detection, automatic sleep mode activation, and battery status indicators on the controller and in the mobile application.
Resetting the ProNav Motion Controller
-If you are experiencing any issues connecting your Motion Controller to the ProNav Angler GPS or having unexpected performance issues, please perform a soft reset of the device.
-Press and hold the “Fn” button on the ProNav Motion Controller until the red and blue lights flash. This will disconnect your controller and reset the Bluetooth radio.
ProNav Motion Controller Features–Out of the Box
-When you receive your ProNav Motion Controller, the firmware on the device will offer an initial suite of features and functionality including manual control, GPS Anchor, and GPS Vector. Refer to the following illustration for an overview of this out of the box functionality.
ProNav Motion Controller Firmware Updates
-The ProNav Motion Controller is designed to allow users to update the device firmware as new features and functionality are added.
-A detailed firmware update process will be provided as additional firmware updates are available.
ProNav Motion Firmware Update
-The initial device firmware updates will be accomplished by updating the ProNav Angler mobile application on your Android and iOS devices and completing a “Firmware Upgrade” on your ProNav Angler GPS unit.
-See below on this page for instructions on updating the ProNav Angler mobile application and completing the Motion firmware update to enable Motion features on your new controller.
-This update will enable the ProNav Motion features, including PointDrive and PointJog.
ProNav Connection Hub Firmware Update
-ProNav will be sending you a ProNav Connection Hub device in the near future–this is a small module that will connect in line with the ProNav Control Unit (“motor adapter”) to upgrade your ProNav system so that it can handle multiple Bluetooth device connections simultaneously. This will provide the ability to connect both your mobile device and ProNav Motion Controller to the ProNav Angler GPS simultaneously. An additional benefit of the ProNav Connection Hub is improved Bluetooth connection strength, enabled by a high power antenna, ensuring your mobile device and handheld controller establish and maintain a robust connection to the GPS unit at all times.
-Another update will be released to the ProNav Angler mobile application, including new firmware for the ProNav Angler GPS unit as well as the ProNav Motion Controller.
-Once the Connection Hub has been installed and both firmware updates are completed, your ProNav system and ProNav Motion Controller will now offer the full suite of ProNav SmartSync capabilities, allowing you to use both the ProNav Angler mobile application and ProNav Motion Controller simultaneously to control your boat. Additional information will be posted below.
-ProNav will continue to develop and release new features and improvements for the ProNav Motion Controller. Additional updates will be OPTIONAL and available to all users. Periodic announcements will be provided to Pronav Motion Controller users providing details on additional updates available.
March 29, 2019 ProNav Motion Initial App and Firmware Update
As a reminder, you can begin to use the ProNav Motion Controller immediately out of the box with limited functionality, including manual control, GPS anchor, and GPS heading lock. See the following video for additional details:
The following video explains what is required to update your ProNav system and turn on the new motion control features (ProNav Drive (green) button):
See below for a step by step guide on enabling ProNav Motion features:
- Please watch for an update to the ProNav Angler mobile application, available through the Apple and Android app stores. The Android update is scheduled for release on March 29th, and the Apple update is scheduled for release on April 2nd. If your mobile device settings are configured such that your applications automatically update, you’ll know that you have the latest app version if 1) when you open the ProNav Angler app you see “Whats New in Version 3.2.3 (Android) / 3.2.4 (iOS)” and 2) you search the app store for “ProNav Angler” and the app says “installed”.
- Once you have the new ProNav Motion application installed, you’ll need to perform a firmware upgrade to your ProNav GPS unit to enable the motion control features (i.e. PointDrive and PointJog). NOTE, you will not be automatically prompted to upgrade your firmware, but you will see a message on the firmware upgrade page referring to the upgrade for motion features. Refer to the following video for a refresher on updating the ProNav firmware:
- Once this update is complete, you can now swipe to close the ProNav app from your device app tray or select “disconnect” from the main menu.
- Lastly, your remote will require a calibration, similar to the ProNav Angler, to allow proper performance of the Motion Control functions.
- CALIBRATION NOTES: Calibration of the controller should be done with the Motion controller disconnected from the ProNav Angler GPS unit. There is no need to calibrate the ProNav Angler GPS unit unless the Motion PointDrive functionality appears to be performing poorly (i.e. motor heading not following the pointed heading). Calibration of the remote does not need to be repeated after the initial calibration unless it is performing poorly or has lost power (battery fully discharged). The remote will automatically and continuously calibrate itself during use.
- To calibrate your controller, refer to the instructions provided in the following video:
- Connect the ProNav Motion Controller to your ProNav GPS unit per the directions in the following video:
- To verify the Motion functionality has been enabled, press and hold the GPS Vector Heading Lock and then point the Motion controller and press and release the Drive (green) button. The motor should respond by pointing in the heading that you pointed using the controller.
- PointDrive and PointJog Motion features are currently enabled for the GPS Anchor and GPS Vector Heading Lock modes. Additional Motion functionality will be available in future updates.
- ADDITIONAL NOTES: If you use both iOS and Android devices–if you update the firmware from your Android device, your iOS device may tell you the firmware is unknown. Ignore this message (it will no longer prompt you once your iOS application is updated).
As always, please contact ProNav Marine with any questions or feedback that you have–your input is important to us, and we use our customers’ feedback to improve our products, documentation, and support.
Lastly, if you reviewed the instructions on the orange card in the ProNav Motion packaging and emailed us to get additional instructions on the new app and firmware upgrades, please refer to the information above on this page, for a step by step overview of what is required to enable the Motion features on your controller. As of this time, it is no longer necessary to email our Support Team to get the Motion app and firmware updates, as these are now LIVE on the app store.
Thank you all, check back soon for additional updates, and tight lines!