Your Navionics Integration Just Got Better
The Navionics map layer has been a key feature within the ProNav Angler Mobile App, allowing users to have highly detailed lake charts to strategically target depth ranges along contour lines. With this Navionics integration, the ProNav Angler Mobile App turns your smartphone or tablet into a powerful chartplotter device, which is an experience that is just like using a conventional GPS chartplotter or “fishfinder”. Using the ProNav Angler Mobile App, you can do all of the following:
- View one-foot depth contour lines and details of underwater structures
- Program your trolling motor in seconds to provide hours of hands free navigation
- Use your Navionics mobile subscription, starting at just $14.99 per year
- Switch back and forth between Satellite and Navionics map layers
Why Do I Need the Integration?
The Navionics integration is not required to use the ProNav Angler system, however it does enhance the power of your tablet or smartphone by effectively transforming it into a fully-featured chartplotter at an extremely affordable price. You will be able to switch seamlessly between satellite imagery and lake charts at the tap of your screen. This can be very beneficial when targeting drop offs or other underwater structure. Navionics makes it easier than ever to find likely spots to fish, and with the ProNav Angler, you can easily create a casting or trolling route or use the anchor mode to position your boat precisely on the sweet spot.
How To Use Navionics in the ProNav Angler Mobile App?
- Download the Navionics Boating Marine and Lakes App to your device
- Learn more at https://www.navionics.com/usa/apps/navionics-boating
- Open the Navionics app, create an account, and select your preferred subscription option (USA, USA & Canada, etc.) Open the Navionics app, create an account, and select your preferred subscription option (USA, USA & Canada, etc.)
- Please note, Navionics does not allow their free trial subscription to be used in the ProNav Angler Mobile App, however the maps that you see in your free trial are the same maps that will be available to you in the ProNav Angler Mobile App with a 1-year Navionics subscription.
- Open the ProNav Angler Mobile App
- Click the “Live Map View” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen
- Click the “Tools” button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (above the “Home” button)
- Select “Map Type” from the Tools menu
- Select the “Navionics” map layer
- Sign into your Navionics account when prompted.
- Your Navionics map layer should now be activated in the ProNav Angler Mobile App–when you zoom to a new area the map layer will download automatically (when a data or WiFi connection is present)
- If you have any questions about your Navionics subscription, the Navionics mobile application, or Navionics maps, please contact Navionics customer support
- For any questions pertaining to the integration of the Navionics map layer within the ProNav Angler Mobile App, please contact ProNav Marine customer support
So What’s Different?
With the original release of ProNav’s integration of Navionics, the full set of features and capabilities was only available for iOS devices. With the most recent update, Android users will be able to enjoy the same complete functionality that the iOS users have experienced and will no longer have to go through the process of importing a route from one app to the other with the seamless map layer integration.
What About Sonar?
Interested in adding sonar capabilities to your new mobile chartplotter? With the additional purchase of a low-cost, wireless SonarPhone transducer from Vexilar, you can also use your mobile device to view the depth and find fish. However, one of the most exciting uses for the SonarPhone is to create your own lake maps for uncharted bodies of water instantly as you fish, thanks to SonarPhone’s integration with Navionics. To learn more, visit http://www.sonarphone.mobi/.